Taste of Atlanta Goes High-TechSep 21 , 2015
This weekend, September 25-27, Atlanta’s legendary three-day food festival, Taste of Atlanta, returns to Midtown at Tech Square. And we’re proud to be the event’s preferred Internet provider this year. In its 14th year, the festival promises to be better than ever as it goes high-tech. In fact, attendees and vendors will be able to enjoy all the aspects of the festival all with the tap of a wristband. So how will all of this high-tech impact the overall experience of the festival? Here are the top three ways festival-goers and vendors will benefit from a totally streamlined and connected experience:
- Ticketless Entry: For the first time, Taste of Atlanta will say goodbye to old fashion paper-based tickets and will utilize Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology to launch ticketless entry. Each Taste of Atlanta attendee will receive his or her own RFID enabled wristband containing an embedded electronic chip that will provide access to the festival.
- BENEFIT: Speedier entry and (finally) no more lost tickets!
- Cashless Payment Technology: This year, the festival will be using a cashless payment system that operates in a similar manner to credit or debit cards to upload “Taste Points” (the official currency of Taste of Atlanta) onto each attendees wristband. These pre-loaded points will then allow guests to make fast, tap and go purchases when visiting their favorite food stands. Furthermore, while each wristband comes with a standard of 10 “Taste Points”, the Internet connectivity with 100% uptime, will allow attendees to easily purchase more points. These points will then be uploaded directly onto the wristband.
- BENEFIT: Less time waiting in lines and no more hassle getting extra Taste Points allowing for more time to enjoy the 90+ restaurants in attendance.
- Connecting the vendor to the customer: In addition to increasing efficiency at the festival, the RFID wristbands will also enhance engagement for attendees and their favorite Taste of Atlanta vendors. At the end of the event, registered attendees will receive a customized menu in their inbox with all of the samples they tasted throughout the day. In addition to the email, attendees will also be able to access their transaction history on their registered online account page. Furthermore, participating vendors will be able to use this technology after the event concludes to send special promotions to attendees who visited their booth.
- BENEFIT: Helping vendors and attendees stay connected to Taste of Atlanta throughout the year. The event may be over, but the good eats aren’t!
As a go-to provider for entertainment festivals in Atlanta, we are excited to be providing the bandwidth and Wi-Fi necessary to make this high-tech experience possible. For more information on our work with the festival, can check out our interview from last week on the Dana Barrett Show.
P.S. If you’re going to be at Taste of Atlanta be sure to tweet us @OneRingNetworks to show us how you’re enjoying your Taste of Atlanta wristband and high-tech connectivity!