Why Switch to VoIP? Six Reasons for Businesses to Switch to VoIP Phone ServiceSep 07 , 2017
An increasing number of businesses have made the decision to replace their traditional phone services with VoIP technology as the advantages of a hosted system become more evident. Here are a handful of the benefits a business can expect to experience when making the move to a VoIP system:
Scalability - A VoIP phone system has the capability to add or remove users at will. So as the number of employees alters alongside company growth, the number of phone lines can simultaneously be easily adjusted.
- Cost savings – While the initial setup costs associated with a VoIP system can often intimidate business owners, studies indicate that organizations of all sizes will experience significant costs savings as a result of switching. Monthly phone bills can be up to 45% less for small and medium-sized businesses while larger companies can expect that percentage to climb even higher. In addition, VoIP phone systems offer separate lines for fax over VoIP meaning that there is no need to purchase and maintain a fax machine.
- Easy to set up – Once the company’s network has been tested and the service provider confirms that it can manage VoIP, the next step is to simply add the phone lines. Standard VoIP desk phones can simply be plugged into the Internet connection, while features and extensions can be installed and modified as needed.
- Phone compatibility – VoIP systems offer flexibility in the type of phone that employees can use as they are able to use the phone that best meets their needs. Whether an employee is out in the field, in the office, or working from home, a VoIP phone system will meet their phone and communication needs. Even employees traveling internationally can use their mobile VoIP apps to stay connected.
- Features – businesses who choose to employ a VoIP system gain access to a series of useful features, regardless of company size. Auto attendant, call forwarding, voicemail to email, and conference calling are just a few of the capabilities that can be utilized to improve productivity and efficiency. When combined with an overarching unified communications solution, the outcome would be even more impressive.
- Convenience – a VoIP system does not restrict users – they are able to access their VoIP service wherever they are. Similarly, employees can place and accept calls from any location and at any time for no additional charge. The leading service providers also offer smartphone apps so that users can take full advantage of all features.
Above are just a few of the reasons to convert your business to a VoIP phone system. From cost savings to the added features available, VoIP can contribute to improved communication and efficiency for companies of all sizes.
If you are considering switching to VoIP, learn more about how we can help meet your needs. Contact us at 404-303-9900 or [email protected].